Morpheus can integrate with one or multiple chef servers to be used as tasks and workflows in the Automation section. These workflows can then be ran during provisioning in the provisioning wizard Automation pane, or on an exiting instance by selecting Actions- Run Workflow. Workflows can also be added to instaces in the template and app sections.
Note: Phased Execution of tasks will be added in an upcoming release.
To integrate Chef Servers in Morpheus:
1. Navigate to Admin- Integrations and select "+ New Integration"
2. Select Integration Type "Chef"
3. Populate the following fields:
- Chef Endpoint (url of chef server api endpoint in https://api.example.com format. Do not add /organization/xxxx here, which is populated in the Chef Organization field)
- Chef Version (12.3.0 by default, can be changed to use a different/more recent version of chef)
- Chef Organization
- Chef user
- User Private key (The private key of the user with access to this chef server)
- Organization Validator (Validator key for the organization)
4. Click SAVE CHANGES
The added Chef Server will now appear in the Chef Server dropdown when creating a Chef Bootstrap type task.