Morpheus provides great monitoring features out of the box. Anything provisioned within Morpheus automatically gets a check created in the monitoring service. These checks are organized hierarchically in “Groups” and “Apps”. This makes it easy to gain a perspective as to what a customer or full stack facing impact is in the event of a particularly instance failure. This also takes into account redundancy layers when it comes to calculating the applications overall uptime percentage.
There are also several integrations built into the monitoring subsystem of Morpheus including App Dynamics , New Relic, and even Service Now integration.
To view monitoring
- Select the Monitoring link in the navigation bar.
The Status page contains several sections to help identify issues. The sections are as follows:
- Dashboard displays the health: Status, Availability, Response Time, and Open Incidents.
- Apps & Checks displays the total count of Apps and Checks statuses: Happy, Warning, and Sad
- Open Incidents displays a list of failed checks.
- Recent Activities displays a list of recent activities.