Prior to provisioning, it is advised to add a one or multiple key pairs as well as configure Cloud Init.
Key Pairs are commonly used by Morpheus for accessing instances via SSH. Morpheus stores key pairs to simplify administration and access across both private and public clouds.
When provisioning instances, the Cloud Init feature will automatically configure a user account matching the credentials entered in the Cloud Init settings in that instance. Additional users may be added while provisioning many instances, however it is advised to setup Cloud Init to simplify access to your instances.
Add Key Pair
To Add Key Pair:
- Select the Infrastructure link in the navigation bar.
- Select the Key Pairs link in the sub navigation bar.
- Click the Add Key Pair button.
- From the Add Key Pair Wizard input the following:
- Public Key
- Private Key
Note: Certain features do not require storage of the private key.
Configure Cloud-Init Settings
To Edit Cloud-Init Settings:
- Select the Admin link in the navigation bar.
- Select the Provisioning link in the sub navigation bar.
- In the Cloud-Init Settings section, enter the following credentials
- Key pair (select one of the Key Pairs added in the Key pair section)
4. In the Windows Settings section, enter a Administrator Password for use when provisioning Windows instances