2.11.3 & 2.10.8 Now Available
2.11.3 New Features
- Task phase execution. Set phase and execution order for tasks in Workflows. Workflow detail pages added. Drag n’ drop reordering added to scripts in node types. Restart task type added.
- Load Balancer improvements- New Balance mode, sticky mode, shared VIP address options, Load Balancer Detail Pages
- ServiceNow Plugin. Add Morpheus clouds and Instance types for complete provisioning within Service now
- Archives Service. Archives provides a way to store your files and make them available for download by your Scripts and Users.
- Network Groups. Network Groups provide round robin network pooling capabilities when provisioning instances. These are most useful when scaling multiple vms across various subnets or availability zones.
- Groups Access added to Networks. Networks can now be assigned to individual Groups and set as the default choice for a group.
- Featured Instance Types: Instance types in the Library can now be flagged as Featured to be added to the new Featured Instance Types filter in the Provisioning wizard. Please note once at least one Instance Type is featured, the provisioning wizard will default to the Featured filter. Simply click the All Instance Types filter to see your entire catalog.
- Group Lifecycle Policies apply to instances that are converted from unmanaged to managed
- New Reports section. Completely rebuilt reports section. Customizable capacity and usage reports with versioning.
- Cost Tracking. Instance and host cost reporting available via UI and API. Prices added to instance and host detail pages.
- Deployment option added to Provisioning wizard.
- Refreshed Instances Section Instance list makeover with new charts, cloud, group and health info added.
- Instance Locking. Instances can now be locked to prevent deletion.
- Move Instances. Instances can now be moved between groups by editing the instance and selecting the group dropdown to assign the instance to a new group.
- "User" Provisioning permission added to Roles: Allows permitting a user to only see their own instances.
- "Remote Console Auto-Login" permission added to Roles. Please note NLA must be disabled in Windows RPD settings if auto-login is set to "no". This permission does not apply when using VMware hypervisor console option.
- New storage Provider types- NFSv3 and CIFS (Windows Samba File Sharing) added
- Expanded variable support. Custom variables can now be used in Naming policies, including variables from options types.
- Process output added to instance history. See process output per action in new Instance History detail modal.
- Instance notes section- Add custom notes to instances, with markdown support.
- Inventory Existing Instance option added to Softlayer and VMware fusion cloud types
- IBMid support added to Softlayer
- Windows 2012 AMI option added to default Windows Instance Type
- Integration detail pages. Detail pages added for all integration with added functionality per integration.
- Starting, stopping added to Instance status
- Manage Network Interfaces from Instance and Host detail pages
- Advanced Options- Status selection for Instances
- Salt, Ansible and Chef improvements, including Ansible and Salt integration detail pages.
- White Label mobile formatting improvements
- Source Image info and link added to Instance and Host detail pages
- Restart task type added (restarts target)
- Timezone option added to cloud settings. Users can now specify which timezone to set during guest customization.
- Force gust customization flag added for vmdk Virtual Images configuration (Advanced Settings- Force Guest Customization)
- API Allowed Origins
- Enable Settings Flag on library items configuration. This setting exposes the Settings tab for appropriate instance types in the Instance Detail page.
- Accounts renamed to tenants
- Multi-select added for tenant network assignment
- Inventory Level setting added for Azure clouds: Basic and Full (API Heavy)
- Xen NFS, Multi-network
- KVM Multi-Network support added, Multi-network driver
- ESXi Multi-Network added
2.11.3 and 2.10.8 Fixes:
- Fixed issue with deleted Tenants stuck in removing due to Openstack cloud security groups not flushing
- Fixed Nutanix- Virtual Image duplication and cleanup
- Fixed Nutanix images not available in Node Type image dropdown
- Fixed Hostname field in Apps and Templates not applying to Windows instances.
- Fixed fields Apps Wizard Layout section not saving when custom Service Plan was selected.
- Fix for Chef bootstrap on Windows instances in Azure
- Instance list layout fixes.
- Xen Image sync fix
- Fix for instance list for sub-accounts
- Fix for Bluecat network query
- Dashboard- Recent Activity now only shows activity from Groups the user has access to
- User permission fixes
- Stopping an Azure instance now deallocates it in Azure
- Fix for Group user permission when Clouds permission is set to “none”
- Digital Ocean Naming Fixes
Workflows: Task phase execution and ordering, new restart task type.
Provisioning - Automation - Workflows
Phase execution can now be set for Tasks in Automation Workflows, and task execution order can be set with drag and drop. We have also added a new "restart" task type for when you need to restart the target between tasks.
New Load Balancer Section
Infrastructure- Load Balancers
The Load Balancers section has been improved with Status indicators, Type icons, Virtual Servers tab, and individual Load Balancer detail pages.
New Load Balancer Features
Provisioning- Add Instance- Automation- Load Balancer dropdown
Load Balancer integration features have been improved across the board, with new "Least Connections" and "Round Robin" Balance Modes, "SourceIP" and "Cookie" Sticky Modes, shared VIP addresses, multi-port and external address support.
Administration - Integrations - ServiceNow
With our new Morpheus Service Now plugin, users can expose Morpheus Clouds and Instance Types to a Service Now Catalog, enabling self-service ordering of Morpheus resources directly from Service Now.
New Archives Service
Services -- Archives
Archives provides a way to store your files and make them available for download by your Scripts and Users. Archives are organized by buckets. Each bucket has a unique name that is used to identify it in URLs and Scripts. Archive buckets are assigned a Storage Provider (Object Store) and every archive bucket generates and uses a unique File Path to store its files under.
Morpheus users can create expiring public links to download archive files, and see the download history for each file with user, time, ip, request and response data. Morpheus dynamically generates bash and powershell script examples to use Archives files in the Library Scripts and Automation sections.
Refreshed Instances Lists Page
The Instance list page has been revamped with a more compact list view that contains more information about your instances, including Clouds, Groups and Health
Featured Instance Types
Provisioning - Library - Instance Types
Instance types in the Library can now be flagged as Featured to be added to the new Featured Instance Types filter in the Provisioning wizard. Please note once at least one Instance Type is featured, the provisioning wizard will default to the Featured filter. Simply click the All Instance Types filter to see your entire catalog.
Integration detail pages
Integration detail pages have been added for Salt, Ansible, Power DNS, ServiceNow and more.